Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New to Video editing / slow pc
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
jbernste03

I just made my first video..I'll just share my expeirence...i have a shitty old xp laptop too..

I was reccomended Sony Vegas too from this forum..I "downloaded" it.. thinking "how tough could it be"..i work with technology all day and am decent at graphic design and photoshop...after many $%#&(@(@#%ing tries to figure it out and constant freezing because of the old computer I said $%# it. the preview would never work so i had to render the vid just to seee it. If your computer is slow using movie maker there is NOO way u can run sony vegas.

I used windows movie maker and created exactly what i wanted.. all i wanted to do was combine clips, slow down/speed up sections, add titles and credits, add music, and some transitions/effects..

here's the vid

https://vimeo.com/55673382

If it is your first video editing try I would reccomend keep using windows movie maker..its idiot proof and does all the basics..

sony vegas is very confusing for a beginner (like myself) and very slow on shitty machines.

just my 2 cents.. i know alot of people here love sony vegas..but for me..it simply was not the right program... maybe once I buy a new comp and learn some basic editing..i also had a sony vegas professional teaching me some basics and it was still confusing as fuck..learn on a basic program

EDIT: sorry I was too lazy to read everybody else's replies..so this post is purely based off the OP's post

EDIT 2: the video in the link took me about 3 hours to make in windows movie maker ..just FYI.. I spent about 10 hours in sony vegas and didnt get it anywhere near close to being presentable

Last edited by jbernste03; 12-19-2012 at 03:22 PM.
jbernste03 is offline   Reply With Quote