Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - finally sick of the unions
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 PM   #37 (permalink)
Cr0_Reps_Smit
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
What are you a retard? The Rome cap strap is a shit box split cap with some useless rubber thrown over the top. It's a sad attempt to mimic rides gel weave (which is pretty sick until it shreds apart). If people can't figure out how to run the Union split straps that's their fault.

My flux blow so hard. Unibody baseplace that feels like a tank. Hollow ankle strap provides no support. And ratchets that stick, don't slide down the ladder, and only click 1-2 ladder steps at a time. The only thing they have going for them is the toe cap and the quick release of the 3 stage ratchets. They're far from top tier bindings. Which sucks, because I was really rooting for the company.
we must be riding different bindings because my flux's are awesome and never have a problem with the ratchets, always smooth. best fitting toe straps on the market in my opinion.

as for the rome's i have a pair of 390s from at least 4 years ago and the toe straps on those are still money. my room mate is using them now with no problems what so ever. the "useless" rubber does a great job at staying in place, way better then i was ever able to get with unions.