Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - backside jibs
Thread: backside jibs
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Bear5001

Default Baby steps

If you have the luxury of a short flat box (3 feet or so is ideal) we will start here. I know there are many names for this trick, depending on many factors, the one i hear used the most around Mt Hood is frontboard. I think the easiest way to do this first, is to jump into it, continue spinning, and come off switch
Here we go:
First on flat ground, not moving, have them get comfortable doing a backside 90, landing with their base flat (this also means relaxed ankles), knees very flexed, upper body in line with gravity, and eyes looking over their back shoulder. Do this a bunch of times until they convince you they get it

Next, approach the rail at a moderate speed, and try everything just the same as above, remember to switch the gaze over the back shoulder, and they will ride out switch.

After many many many times hitting small boxes like this, then you can start getting into more complicated frontboard tricks like:
-locking into frontboard (so the spin does not continue while on the box)
-frontboard back to regular (much harder than to switch imo)
-that big upper and lower body separation like you talked about (this is when it really start getting good) just remember the lower body should be exactly like how i described above, and the upper body turned just enough to see
-270 on to frontboard
Bear5001 is offline   Reply With Quote