Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
jennifer

Thank you all so much.

I was wanting to ski originally...but with the boot issue (plus the fact that my husband got sooooo excited when I mentioned I might try snowboarding) I decided to go ahead and try snowboarding this year. Honestly I only chose to try to ski first because it looks easier.

One of the bootfitters really did try to get me into a boot. He was really nice and really seemed to want to help. I think the problem might also be that my leg does not taper a whole lot toward the ankle either. I dont know. But I agree that there has to be some sort of a solution...dont know if it was just being lazy or just not knowing what to do.

I found a pair of used womens Burton boots on Craigslist last night for only $10. So my husband is going to pick them up for me today and I will do my experimenting on those. No point in buying nice new boots to mess with until I am sure that I can make this work.

I was blessed with crazy big muscles in my legs...plus I still have a lot of weight left to lose. I started at 350 pounds back in August. I am down under 240 now. My weight gain WAS my fault. I ate to much and didnt get any movement in. I am still working my behind off to get rid of the rest of my weight, and it is not easy. But it is sooooo worth it. I couldnt even walk from my house to the car without getting winded before. I couldnt get from the car to the ski resort without taking several breaks. Now I can walk for miles and am actually excited about being active.

Thank you all so much for the advice, encouragement, and for just being so nice. My husband was sure I was going to get some mean weight related comments when I posted about this online, I am happy he was wrong. There was another forum where a girl asked about boots for large legs and was told that no one wants to see fatties up at the ski resort. Glad I came here instead.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote