Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #510 (permalink)
cc898

There many guns out there that are meant for sport, and not for killing. I know, splitting hairs.

I do however agree with you in point of war......we have and support way too many of them! Its all about the dollars and the golden rule.

This is an issure that may or may not be sorted out at our highest levels, it may be made worse. Suppose they ban all guns, what happens when someone more crazy than the last decides to make a point about how the new gun laws don't work? By using a now illegal weapon. I am not saying gun ownership would solve that, just saying it could happen.

It is a problem that needs to be addressed on many levels, not just banning guns. Lots of examples have been made where crime goes up when the guns go down.

I just fear the once we go down the road of taking things away, more things will follow, as has happened in other contries

Similarity with a car is simply that it is a prvilege and not a right to drive a car, I was not drawing any sort of comparason to something that kills. Though cars kill more people than guns, and not by design.

Last edited by cc898; 12-19-2012 at 05:05 PM.