Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I was wanting to ski originally...but with the boot issue (plus the fact that my husband got sooooo excited when I mentioned I might try snowboarding) I decided to go ahead and try snowboarding this year. Honestly I only chose to try to ski first because it looks easier.

There was another forum where a girl asked about boots for large legs and was told that no one wants to see fatties up at the ski resort. Glad I came here instead.
Hopefully you get the right solution for you! I must say that while snowboarding is a bit of a foreign feeling at first, I think the learning curve is more fun with boarding. After the first few days of sore knees, wrists, butt, etc. it all becomes really fun. And when you wipe out there's no "yard sale" of skis and poles spread all over the hill! Trust me I wipe out every day on the hill and I've been boarding for 21 years now.

I guess with every sport you'll get the douche bags. I'm sure some people laugh at my gear sometimes, but as long as you're there to get some fresh air, exersize, and fun, who cares what people say?

Just don't get a gopro and mount it to the top of your helmet cause I make fun of those guys.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote