Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #431 (permalink)
cc898

I was refering to biathalon rifles and target shooting pistols. They are very small caiber, and not designed for killing, but for punching little hole in paper in very small clusters. While it true they have roots to hunting, they are no longer designed for that, i.e. not killing.

Not once have I said we don't need checks. I have and will continue to submit to the required checks without complaint.

I also agree with your take on hunting, flinging bullets at stupid ranges is not sport, a quick humane kill is much better. Woodsmanship and marksmanship need to go together.

I also have never said that owning a weapon is a right, I said its a privilege.

History has shown that most major atrocities begin with disarming citizens. Enough said on that one, ok?

I am not one to stand on the what the constitution says, as it was written at a very differnt time. Much of it holds true, and much does not. Can you imagine what would happen if the citizens stood up against a tyranical govt in todays America? It would end very badly....for all those involved.....its not even an option. So I do not agree with those that say its their duty to have weapons to defend against the govt.