Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ever had an injury or crash that made you consider quitting?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

I have NEVER thought about quitting snowboarding for any reason. Had some bad crashes that made me stop and think about toning it down a bit, but then I go out and push myself again the next day out.

It's just one of those things, on a snowboard I feel alive...

The worst moments for me are when I crash HARD in the off-piste and I'm alone. There are some times where I think "FUCK... I need help!" but usually I just sit up and breath for a bit. Let the oxygen do it's thing and then I'm back in business.

I hurt my neck on Sunday. Came down a chute I've been meaning to hit for years, and I was STOKED. I started taking more chances once back in the bowl, and getting more air off natural features. Well I went off one feature not realizing that it was a 10 ft deep gully I was leaping over. I landed on the opposite face and got an instant headache, hurt neck, and it felt like somebody had punched me in the jaw. For a second I just sat there dazed and thought my day was done... I decided to just breathe it out. Took my time, relaxed, and a couple mins later got up and continued my day and weekend. My neck was a little sore on the drive home the day after, but I think I was actually better off continuing vs. stopping and seizing up!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote