Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - finally sick of the unions
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted_nose View Post
Actually their toe strap works better. Union toe strap is a piece of shit, little fuck just laying there. does nothing and looks like it would fit my soccer shoes. Whether you admit it or not.
Have you ridden the Gnus?

I'd bet anything that you haven't haha, because if you did, you're a complete fucking idiot.
Those toe straps are awful, and fit terribly. Let alone the binding feels mushy and loose (I'm talking specifically about the rear entry ones, whatever they're called). Like the toe strap is the end all, be all of a binding anyway.

And the fact that you haven't even ridden the updated toe strap shows how ignorant you are. I hated the fact that they changed from the OG strap, I loved it. But apparently there were enough people complaining that Union decided to go with a new design, which fits more boot variations. Of course there are going to be outliers, but that's true with any binding company.

And if you're going to get into an argument with someone about the differences in gear, with actual riding experience on them, I'd suggest picking that fight with someone else.