Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomps1211 View Post
One thing that I'm kinda surprised didn't get mentioned yet,..

Lessons!!!! By all means, make sure you take a couple of lessons!!! This is in no way any kind of slam against your husband, his willingness or ability to teach, his patience, or anything like that. But lessons from a good instructor will make things s-o-o-o much easier (...on your body & relationship!) in the beginning!!!

Let us know how the used boot experiment goes!!

Definatly taking some lessons. I love my husband and he has been boarding for like 20 years...but I dont think him playing instructor would be great for our marriage.

Plus the resort we go to has a deal where if you take 3 lessons you can get a season pass for only $65. That is a great deal considering what they usually charge.

The boots actually surpised me! They are a half size bigger than I would normally wear, but they dont feel loose at all. I can actually get them to close without cutting them up. I almost cried. It is a pretty tight fit, but it works. I swear I tried on at least 10 different snowboarding boots in the store and not one even came close to closing. I was shocked when I put these on and they closed. Plus I am still losing weight....so it will only get better.

Can you put a heal lift in like you can with ski boots?
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote