Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread

644K views 8K replies 303 participants last post by  bseracka 
#1 ·
I know it's early, but damn, we need some snow.

Colorado | OpenSnow

That shit looks like a repeat of last season.

#305 · (Edited)
Last night and today were a bit of a bust for most spots. Whenever the forecast is calling for snow for both Summit County and the eastern plains, beware. Someone is about to get the shaft. Those two areas very rarely get good snow out of the same storm. Super cold temps also aren't usually conducive to good snowfall.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but looking back we should've seen it coming. All the factors for a disappointment were there.

#312 ·
I went into the trees today :). It was very cold and I did not last very long. Should of went to Keystone instead of Breckenfridge. Damn! At least at Keystone the gondola can protect you, our much better one than Breckenridge's fancy pointless condos gondola. I got a good free close parking spot probably because most people would get stuck in the spot. :laugh:

#316 ·
I am going to wash my truck once the snow melts off the roads. After I do that I bet it will snow a lot. Today the roads were sketchy. I saw a Tundra stuck in the snow near the Farmers Corner Intersection on Swan Mountain Road. It was perpendicular off the road nose deep in a ditch. I bet he did a doughnut. I wonder if he drove all the way down swan mountain road only to slide off at the easiest part of the drive. Give yourself plenty of time to stop and keep a good distance from the other drivers. Downshift on the declines if you can.

#317 ·
Dunno about bc but the upper and eastern part of the mountain is really nice once you venture off trail. Still have to be light on your legs and watch out for snakes biting your legs when your thigh deep in the trees. Fortunately there isn't a ton of down trees on that part of the mountain. The western area of the front side is has tons of down trees. Game creek is nice in the treed areas. I'd imagine if you hiked any northeast facing slope in the bc you would find deep snow as that's where the deeper snow has accumulated over here.....

We are planning to board off the back of blue sky and head to red cliff but we won't do it until we get another 40-50" of snow.....

I'm really an all resort kinda person.... I will probably do one east vail lap this season and take the trees home in west vail a few times in feb.....

If you want to stick to in bounds trees, all the shit in high line and north woods is great with not too many tracks through it at all..... There is some mild(slope) tree stuff with short duration off 14 that is deep.... The trees around prima and prima cornice are pretty intense.... Steep and deep with some rock dropping. I dropped a cliff under 4 on accident today... You could literally drown in all the snow, I had to bomb down after the drop into it on the 100yd run in to get out the other side and make it out..... So chair 4, 10, 11, 14 area is pretty good when off the trails...... If you can catch them opening the bowls, that would be amazing.... Then were turning the chairs today and testing the slopes.... Ski patrol is pushing hard to open them up.

#330 ·
It's been colder than a pimp's heart in Summit. The forecast is looking scary again. I am going to wash my truck once all the snow is off the roads. I will even polish all the chrome and vacuum the inside out. It will likely snow once I do that, especially if I polish the chrome. Ullar hates it when my truck is clean.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.