Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Taking after pro's?

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  onefutui2e 
#1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else here find themselves getting sucked in to taking after pros?
Like, buying their brands/recommending their sponsors more because that's their sponsor than for liking the brand itself beforehand?

I find myself now doing this with Halldor Helgason (just like when I was really into Torstien last winter)
I find myself buying exclusively his sponsors for this year. (Actually all of my stuff is his sponsors except for my gloves[which my new ones are his sponsor neff and are on the way...] and switchback bindings)

Do any of you find yourself doing this? I know it's bad reasons to buy equipment for a sport where the last thing that should matter is who is on their team, but at least thus far none of these choices have let me down.

#12 ·
not really, i love watching Nic Muller ride but i don't know much about his gear other than it looks like he rides a custom, i don't know if its flying v or not. Not that i wouldn't buy one if i thought i would like it and the price was right.

I blow up to much gear to worry about buying what some who is amazing and tours around with amazing photographers is riding.

#13 ·
Not at all. Torstein and Halldor are my favorites but I have zero gear from any of their sponsors. I learned long ago that pros are whores and will ride/promote the gear they are paid to with no regard to how good the gear is. A pro is a pro and no piece of gear is going to make them any better or worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.