Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Definatly taking some lessons. I love my husband and he has been boarding for like 20 years...but I dont think him playing instructor would be great for our marriage.

Plus the resort we go to has a deal where if you take 3 lessons you can get a season pass for only $65. That is a great deal considering what they usually charge.

The boots actually surpised me! They are a half size bigger than I would normally wear, but they dont feel loose at all. I can actually get them to close without cutting them up. I almost cried. It is a pretty tight fit, but it works. I swear I tried on at least 10 different snowboarding boots in the store and not one even came close to closing. I was shocked when I put these on and they closed. Plus I am still losing weight....so it will only get better.

Can you put a heal lift in like you can with ski boots?
Good deal on the lessons!! You're already proving you've got more sense than a lot of us here! Great news about the boots too!! You didn't mention where u will b riding and taking your lessons, but if the weather there cooperates, try and go when u got fresh(ish) snow rather than icy!! I learned on icy!! (...hell, in 1-1/2 years I've only ridden mostly ice!)

Your backside will thank you for it!!!

[later edit, ]
BTW,.. While those last 35-40 lbs were the result of the steroids, (...those friggin things even put fat on my scalp!!! ) I didn't get to 280 without knowin the pizza guy's number by heart!!! Don't b too rough on urself about how u got there, focus on how GREAT it feels to b leavin that behind!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-20-2012 at 03:50 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote