Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

My friend needs a board what size? (Female)

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Lady 
G
#1 ·
She is 5'6 and 150lbs. She has about 2 seasons under her belt and she is moving onto a new board. She rides a 139 now which is too small for her. She is looking to spend no more then 200.....any last year models available for good prices?

Any help is appreciated!!!

#4 ·
It doesn't matter entirely. I prefer to buy women's specific gear because I'd like to see more female options in the future. Supply/demand.

I can't believe she's on a 139.

Check out your/her local shops and see what they have available in past season leftovers in that price range.

G
#8 ·
Yea she just booked a plane flight to Florida to see her god daughter for christmas so now she isnt going to get a board till the end of january. I am definitely gonna help out and see if she can snipe something online from somewhere for super cheap.

What have you girls noticed between the female and mens board? less weight and or more flexible?

#9 ·
If your friend has super small feet, waist width might be an issue when considering a men's board. But yeah, generally the flex pattern is designed a bit differently from what I understand. And widths are narrower in most women's boards.

I can't really give you my personal perspective on going from a men's board to a women's because my men's board is ancient compared to my newer model women's board.

#11 · (Edited)
Flex deppends to board model. I have a 147 Burton Feelgood Flying V and is stiffer than my 148 Lib Tech Skate Banana. Of course, last one is more park oriented. But my 147 Burton Lux is stiffer than sk8 banana too. I put my boards in the scale and all weights are similar.
Womens boards allways be narrower than mens boards.

Sorry for my english!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.