Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

int / adv freeride woman looking for board advice.

6K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  poutanen 
#1 ·
new board..

Hi everyone,

I am an intermediate advanced female boarder riding mainly freeride in the canadian rockies. I am currently riding a 149 K2 Luna camber and looking at upgrading to a stiffer, longer board. I have been looking at the prior brandwine freeride non split, virus avalanche, and volkl. My boot size is 7.5, and weigh between 155 and 160, I am looking in the 150-153 range. I don't want a rocker board, want to stick with camber or camber with lifted tips. Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance.:)

#3 ·
She said she didnt want rocker. Nice.

Nitro Fate comes in Camber and Flat. Flat will keep most of the precision and power you like from camber but float a little easier than camber.

The Ride Farrah is basically the womens Berzerker. Nimble but stable, and powerful.

The Salomon Idol would do it for ya. Mostly camber with a bit of early rise in the tips.

The YES TDF is a narrow waist and should suit you well too.

#4 ·
Hi, my GF has a similiar style and she seems to do well on the Burton Feelgood- it is available in camber or mixed camber. I was nearly tempted by Jones myself and I noticed that they have a good selection of Womens boards, check out the Twin Sister.

Can't speak to the boards you mentioned but Prior is based in Whistler. It is hard to get info on them online but it may be worth it if you could get down to their shop and ask some questions directly.

#7 ·
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and advice. I am currently looking more towards either the Prior Brandywine, the Nidecker Princess. I also looked at the Arbor Push or Donek Incline although I hear it is extremely stiff. I think I am currently leaning more towards the Nidecker or Prior but I still have more research to do before I make any decisions. I still welcome any input or comments anyone might have:) Thanks again everyone I appreciate it!:)

#12 · (Edited)
#14 ·
GST is making the Jones now. Quality is better as is the construction. I compared my last years deck to the new one, and it is noticably better, mostly just little things, but it is better. One thing that stood out to me was the fact that if you sight down the camber line on mine, it is dead flat, the new one you can actually see the camber.

I like the top sheet on mine better, but I have hear the new one is more durable.

The Mothership is just plain sweet. So are the Priors!!

#16 · (Edited)
For everyone who suggest the Lotus... have any of you RIDDEN IT?!??!

I'm just curious because I have demoed it in all sorts of conditions. Ice, pow, groomers park etc.... It's a great deck, I loved it and I almost bought it. But it gets suggested in every single womens thread on this forum, with no regard if it's appropriate for the rider in question.

In this thread the op said she didn't want rocker and yet it was the first board suggested. Seriously, you fan boys should just shut the hell up already. and if you're going to insist on being fan boys the least you could do is sack up and strap on a woman board for the day so you can at least know what you're talking about.

thank you.

#17 · (Edited)
I know that Mixie loves me :yahoo: cause I rock hot pink pants and ride womens....:dunno:

OP since ur in BC?, maybe check out bpro (more aggressive mag and rocker) or even a small billygoat (less mag and less rocker than the bpro...just right imho...both are c2btx). Or a couple great old school cambered decks are an Option kendra starr (twin directional fs) or Option trinity the same as a vinson but women's sized (directional fr) or an old cambered gnu b-nice...perhaps can find one in somebody's closet. I've ridden all of these and own all but the bpro and they are all darn nice boards...I'm now somewhat leaning towards the c2btx cause its a bit more versital in handling a range of conditions...i.e., deeper poo compared to a cambered...thus riding a billygoat...that absolutely rips for baker....it is relatively narrow, stiff but more torsional flex...so its darn lively, responsive and aggressive.

#21 ·
Just picked up on a good deal a Rome vinyl rocker, which is flat based with lifted tips, essentially the womens version of a mod rocker. Might be something to think about as well.

My Mod tore up the mountain yesterday freeriding and jumping off what I could with the lack of snow, extremely happy with it! Less catchy than my Anthem, but carves nearly like the Anthem does.

Can't wait to get into the trees with it. The flat base seems to respond much like camber with lifted tips does.

#28 ·
Does Nidecker already know... ;) Nidecker Snowboards - About us

My Flagship is a 12/13, produced by Nidecker. I guess the change will be recognizable next season?

#24 ·
hi everyone, sorry I haven't replied at all lately with an update. I was unable to board fr a month due to a first degree tear in my mcl. I did on a higher note choose a prior Brandywine and I love it! unbelievable difference so far and it hold an edge through a lot of conditions my old board lost it. I am currently working on my carving hard and will keep you updated on how it goes on the new board:) thanks again for all the advice! enjoy boarding everyone:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.