Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Already better then last year-a few pics from mammoth
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 12:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Zombaco
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Here's a couple photos from the trip Mixie and I took yesterday. It was fucking windy! Sustained winds at the summit between 45-50mph with gusts over 60. Best part of that was free refill wind buff pow shots all day long on the upper mountain (front side)

Dave's from top of Chair 9

IMAG1047.jpg

Dragon's Back top and blustery

IMAG1048.jpg

Dragon's Back lower

IMAG1049.jpg

Dragon's Back Traverse from Chair 9. It was a bit tracked out, but still just below knee deep

IMAG1050.jpg

Chair 5- fresh refills ALL DAY. Ankle to mid shin deep. By the time we got back to the top, our tracks were already covered back up. Thanks windbuff! I really liked the rollers through the trees on the left

IMAG1051.jpg

Chair 3. Far ridge the summit- Climax to Cornice Bowl to Wipeout Chutes and Chair 23. And lots of blowing snow

IMAG1053.jpg

Santiago Bowl on the left, and Hemlock on the right. Hemlock is one of my goals to ride by the end of the season. Very steep on the left and mellows a little bit going lookers right. Plus it's a bootpack up the ridge from Santiago

IMAG1055.jpg

Halfmoon shot over the ridge, coming up the backside on Chair 13

IMAG1060.jpg

Main lodge looking up

IMAG1061.jpg

Sunsetting blowing snow over Dave's run and Huevos Grande (the vertical strip of snow above the sign with the cliff band across)

IMAG1066.jpg
Zombaco is offline   Reply With Quote