Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New Boots needed **Help**- currently 05 Burton Freestyle
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
golfer1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
The fact that speed lace boots can only tighten in two areas and MANY brands speed laces cannot lock makes them inferior. Plus what if a speedlace breaks in the backcountry or even at a small resort without a shop? You're SOL. Theres a reason why most pro's rock traditional you can dial it in better than the craze type lacing systems. Boa has the advantage that you can tweak it with gloves on so its a decent system if you get the dual boa.

Where I ride, Stratton Mountain in VT those worries are of no need here. I did get the Dual BOA (binary boa). I agree with the laced boot being able to customize where you want the support but that support will loosen throughout the day. I have been riding laced boot for 19 years. fyi the binary boa are steel wires, I find it hard to believe those would break before the laced boot and they give you an additional metal lace to reinstall if there are complications with the stock one.

For me it was ease of access and being able to go quickly and save time, especially with the ridiculously long lines we get here on the weekends, 10 mins in the morning is the difference by 2 runs before the crowds arrive....
golfer1659 is offline   Reply With Quote