Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - fat fast bords for a polar bear
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
lisevolution
Veteran Member

As a fellow big man on a snowboard with similar though slightly larger stats than you quoted, I can stand up for the NS boards being solid as I currently ride a Legacy and have ridden a Heritage X and Revolver as well. I can also stand behind the Ride boards though it's been a few years since I've owned one, they were my go to deck for the better part of a decade.

The Smokin KT-22 is also a solid ride and was on my short list when I bought the Legacy a couple of season's ago.

I haven't been on the Nidecker but they make a quality board. Kessler I always think of as more of a Eurocarve hard boot type of board... that's not to say they don't do other things also but that's the stereotype I have of them.

The only board on that list I'm not a huge fan of is the SkunkApe. While it's not a bad board as Mervin makes overall good product I just think you pay a lot for the hype machine they use to pump up their gear. I've ridden them a couple of times over the years and it always just feels like a big, dead plank of wood to me. It holds an edge really well and has some cool graphics but the ride is just boring and had no life to me.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote