Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #546 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
No, it doesn't exclusively. Anything can be mastered as a deadly weapon and a semi-auto rifle is no different in that it requires more of an investment in training than the media and entertainment have misled the population to believe to be deadly. Anyone who is a firearms hobbyist will tell you this.
Cheeze, you can claim this until you're blue in the face, and no-one is going to swallow it. YES, you could become good enough with a sword if you took the time and had the discipline and could find a good instructor. YES, you could kill people with a kitchen knife. YES, you could kill people with a bow as in that link I posted a while back in this thread. But you ARE NOT GOING TO CONVINCE ANYONE THAT THESE ARE LIKELY TO KILL AS MANY PEOPLE AS A GUN! Don't insult my intelligence. Don't insult the intelligence of the other people on this forum. With a gun you can stand at the doorway and shoot people like fish in a barrel. Even with a trained swordsman, all everyone has to do is stand at the other end of the room and look at you. Anyway, explain to me how a couple of kids managed Columbine if it requires so much training. Mark Lepine, with virtually NO training, kept an entire room hostage and started killing women one at a time by the simple tactic of staying far enough back that he couldn't be rushed.

Sorry, no sale.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.