Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - REQUIRED: Help choosing 2nd Board Park/Freeride
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Bishs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
REQUIRED: Help choosing 2nd Board Park/Freeride

Wsup guys!

I want to borrow some of the forums expertise.

Currently I ride a CustomX 07 152cm weighing 132lbs.

I've been riding this board for just a few years now.. i bought the board back in 09 for a cheap price. Originally bought this board to ride at Mammoth.. but I just ended up riding it everywhere. I guess my "home" mountain would be Mtn High.. which doesn't particularly feel like home using this board.

I like hitting the jumps.. I just got the hang of the front side 360s. But.. I do feel that it is "required" to hit the boxes and rails.. since that is what Mtn High has most of. On the custom x... I feel pretty intimidated by the rails.. I can 5050 boxes and a few other tricks.. but something feels strange. I'm assuming a softer board would feel much better and safer.

My Custom X.. is scary. I've gotten pretty hurt before when i was a complete newbie trying to learn on this board. Years later I consider myself quite proficient with stiff boards.

I want to be almost as fast.. and still be able to hit the rails etc.

I was leaning towards the T.Rice 150cm 2013. Which has a flex of 5.. where as my Custom X had a flex of 7?

Any suggestions on other types of boards. I dont want to dish out $500 for a board either.. but if that is the "BEST" choice then.. it is what it is.

Thanks guys