Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #473 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseForSteeze View Post
That's because no one resisted. A bunch of kids at Sandy Hook managed to run past the gunman while he was standing in the door trying to clear a malfunction and reload. If you honestly think shooting people who are actively trying to run away and avoid being shot is easy, you're incredibly uninformed. Trying to paint a picture of "standing in a doorway while shooting fish in a barrel" makes this quite evident. Yes, you can shoot AT people. Connecting while they run around and hoping someone doesn't come up behind you, charge you or otherwise engage you while you are reloading, have a malfunction, run out of ammunition etc. is an entirely different matter.
And you are trying to paint a picture where a guy with a gun is less dangerous than a guy with a knife. Oh, you're not actually coming out and SAYING it, because it would sound moronic and rightfully so. But you'll happily point out that killing running people with a gun isn't easy, while ignoring the fact that killing running people with a knife is even harder. You'll talk about the chance to run while a guy is dealing with a jammed gun while ignoring the fact that the moment a guy sticks a knife in a person he has a very good chance of having his arm grabbed. You point out that Lepine killed more people because they didn't resist while ignoring the gaping fact that the reason they didn't resist was because he had a gun. If he'd had a knife they would have just scattered. And you happily ignore the greatest single flaw in your dance -- the fact that every nutcase who wants to go out and kill a bunch of people for whatever reason these lunatics do so, does it with guns. Why? Is he saying "I'll do this with a harder weapon to give my victims a sporting chance" ? Of course not. He's grabbing guns because he knows, just as well as you know and I know and anyone with an ounce of sense knows, that he will be able to kill more people more thoroughly more easily with guns. Period. Apparently the lunatics agree with me, not with you.

Tell you what. You amass a set of statistics showing that on average more people get killed per knifing incident than per shooting incident, and we'll talk some more. Untill then, I really am tired of belabouring the obvious.

In retrospect, "Let's get the goat drunk"
should have been my cue to leave the party.