Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #462 (permalink)
Squatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
You seem like you're one B&E or crossfire away from several deaths.
cute comment,
you seem to make me look like aguy who will shoot anything that moves in this situation, you paint me as out of control, and a skittish shooter, what you don't ask is whether or not me and many other americans out there have the discipline to know what they are firing at in case of an emergency, I know what is behind the person, and I know my own limitations in my accuracy shooting a pistol, as well as many others (hence why we go to the range), but if I'm at a mall, and a gunman starts spraying, and shooting random people, would you rather me, a trained armed civilan take them down, or leave it to the police who have insane amounts of red tape to go through, red tape that takes time, and time is a killers ally, the more time, the more death, what if the gunmen take people hostage, I stand a chance to end the madness, and the more people that are armed around me, the higher the chances are that it will end quicker.

Let me give you a background of where I was raised, in Northern minnesota, hunting is really big, so parents take kids out hunting with them, but before anyone under 18 can go, they have to take a firearms safety course, these kids are in families that own more than one gun, and many of these families also own assault style weapons to go shooting for fun.
another funny thing that I remember, when hunting season was close, people put their hih powered hunting rifles (30-06, .270 Weatherby Mag, 7.62 NATO/x 39/x 54r) in their pickups to be ready for the season, because when they get home, they go to sleep, and when they wake up, they go to the cabin, and what would the school do about it, nothing, you now have upwards of half the student body armed, and nothing seems out of the ordinary...