Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Gun Control Debate thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #501 (permalink)
Squatch

"And we already hold the bartender or host responsible for over serving drunk drivers thru fines, loss of license, criminal and civil litigation, etc."

why is it the fault of the bartender or the host that the driver drove off, he was already drunk when he was cut off, or he drove off thinking he was fine, yet it still happens, and regardless, people are able to drink themselves to death in the comfort of their own homes, and can drive a car without having a license, or someone elses for that matter.

"We already blame airport security for the shoe bomber and 911 and have made drastic changes to airline security"

and because of this, when a new technology is tested as a success, people bitch that it is a breach of privacy, like body scan...

"We already blame the pilot for and the aircraft manufacturer for plane crashes and have mandated numerous changes to pilot training and aircraft design."

I couldn't agree more, more training to handle dire situations, that can prevent these accidents from happening, but that still doesn't cover what happens when someone turns a plane into a guided fuel bomb

"So let's follow your examples and do the same thing: mandate changes to gun ownership or gun sales in response to the huge number of gun homicides?"

If this includes mandatory trigger locks, or lock boxes, then I am on board, but if it's a full on weapons ban, then I disagree

Last edited by Squatch; 12-21-2012 at 08:26 PM.