Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Help is my snowboard damaged?!

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Mpjames 09 
#1 ·
Okay my first attmpt at waxing my snwoboard. I was doing great until i realized my iron was actually not working as intended. Its a piece of crap $7 iron i bought from target, that would keep turning off randomly. Not at timed intervals but randomly. I didnt know it turned off randomly and i thought i had the heat too low, so every time i kept cranking up the heat. All of the sudden i realized my board was getting pretty hot. I felt it, it was pretty hot but not hot enough for it to hurt my hand. Is my board ruined?? Like i was able to touch it and leave my hand on it...im curious if i messed up and ended up burning the pores of my board.

This is what i get for getting a cheap @!^& iron.

#4 ·
If it wasn't hot enough to make you yank your hand away, you're probably ok. You don't just have a cheap iron, you have a broken one. I have a $6 iron from Value Village, but it works properly. Has steam holes too! I know exactly where to set it to wax the boards, and where to set it to wax the skis. And where the beer is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.