Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:48 PM   #33 (permalink)

Jennifer - I am SO STOKED FOR YOU!! Glad you like it and only 3 falls - I am soooo jealous of you! I do know what you mean about muscles you never knew you had hurting. I work out on an Eliptical for 1/2 an hour and spin for 1/2 an hour every day at home which has helped my endurance on the slopes - at my age that is! lol I then do 45 minutes of stretching and floor exercises - and it has helped.

But kudos to you and glad you love it! Keep posting your progress!

Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Today was day one! Went and took my first lesson. They had snow like 2-3 days ago. It was awesome!!! Loved it. We stopped on the way to get me some goggles and a new pair of gloves (I somehow lost a brand new pair that I never even got to wear a week ago when we went up)....and we somehow left the store with a snowboard and bindings as well. lol. My husband loves me. I think he was just excited about snowboard shopping, since he doesnt need to get himself a new one. He has 3, and his latest was over $ he wont be getting a new one for a while.

The boots were VERY uncomfortable though. I lost feeling in my toes at a certain point. But I will experiment a bit and do some more looking around for the perfect boot for me.

I will say that I am sooooo sore! Seriously used muscles I have not made use of before. Only fell 3 times, I count that as a win. One fall looked pretty bad I guess. I had 2 lift operators and my instructor come running all freaked out asking if I was ok. I was fine. Jumped right back up. Though I do feel it in my arm now.

Thank you all for being so supportive and awesome. I had a great time and will be heading back up next week.
I learned to snowboard at 50! woo hoo!
firstx1017 is offline   Reply With Quote