Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Home remedy for shin bang and cold/numb toes?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
charmiander

Default Home remedy for shin bang and cold/numb toes?

I was riding for two days this past weekend, and for some reason that I cannot fathom, my toes went painfully cold and numb for both days. This wasn't an issue last year, so I'm not quite sure why it's happening now.. I don't think it's the bindings' problem, since I don't crank 'em down and even tried loosening them.. Taking breaks at the ski lodge helped, but it would be nice to get as much time on the slopes as I can, hahah...

I ride with Salomon Ivy boa boots - even if I tighten the boa coils, I still have a ton of room in the shins (not to mention my heels....). This is probably where the shin bangs come into play - my calves and shins still hurt and are still freakin' bruised, ugh. As for the cold numb toes, I have no idea where the pressure points come into play, since I can wiggle my toes around and even scrunch 'em up in the boots while strapped in to my board and my feet don't feel like it's getting crushed or anything.

Are there any suggestions/ideas as to how I can correct this two-fold problem? I was thinking of taking my boots in for a boot-fitting, but then I might as well just get new boots then...??? =/ I've been reading snowboard boot-buying guides and boot-fitting tips online, but I still have no clue as to what to look out/ask for if I really do have to get new boots or take my current boots in for a boot-fitting.

And another random question to throw out there... I bought the Salomon Ivy's 2nd hand from somebody, so the inner liner in each boot have a different lace-locking mechanism. Regardless, both laces on the inner liners are frustratingly hard to pull tight and lock in. Do they even matter?? Just sayin' 'cause I look incredibly stupid when struggling for 5 minutes to lock each of those suckers into place....
charmiander is offline   Reply With Quote