Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Over-turning on the heel side
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
amirh1

Default Over-turning on the heel side

Hi all,
I'm an intermediate snowboarder with about 20-25 days total, can do blue runs great and some easy blacks but I seem to be stuck on this one thing that I can't seem to shake off.

When I turn on my heel-side in semi-steep runs (think steep blue), I feel I need to over-turn in order to be able to control speed. This causes me to need wider room for my turns and also causes me to work harder as I'm applying more break. In other words, if the fall line is 0 degrees I can't seem to ride my heel side at 30 degrees to the fall line as I feel like I'm not slowing down enough. If I want to stay on my heel side I must ride more at 45 degrees to the fall line. I hope that explains it, if not I've attached a diagram.

BTW if it matters I'm regular footed, 6'1 185lbs on a 162 board with bindings at +21 and +6. Haven't tried many stances...

Maybe one of you has experienced this or knows what to practice to overcome? Thanks!!

amirh1 is offline   Reply With Quote