Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #34 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Today was day one! Went and took my first lesson. They had snow like 2-3 days ago. It was awesome!!! Loved it. We stopped on the way to get me some goggles and a new pair of gloves (I somehow lost a brand new pair that I never even got to wear a week ago when we went up)....and we somehow left the store with a snowboard and bindings as well.
...Funny how that seems to happen like that!! (...I wonder, do first time skiers do the same thing? Run right out & buy a shiton of gear before or after their 1st-2nd time out??) Welcome to the "Addiction" is Right!!

Quote:
...The boots were VERY uncomfortable though. I lost feeling in my toes at a certain point. But I will experiment a bit and do some more looking around for the perfect boot for me.
If you read around this forum a bit, you'll discover that that issue, is pretty common even among folks without the special fit issues you had! Don't worry, I went thru 3-4 pairs before finding ones that fit comfortably for me! (...Oh, FYI, you want to watch just how tight you are synching the boots & your bindings. NooB's like me & others sometimes go WAY too tight on both at first, and that will cause a LOT of foot pain problems! If you're doing the same, that may NOT b a boot fit issue!!!)

Quote:
I will say that I am sooooo sore! Seriously used muscles I have not made use of before. Only fell 3 times, I count that as a win. One fall looked pretty bad I guess. I had 2 lift operators and my instructor come running all freaked out asking if I was ok. I was fine. Jumped right back up...

Thank you all for being so supportive and awesome. I had a great time and will be heading back up next week.

...Only fell 3 times?? I think anyone here would count that as a BIG win!!!
AWSOME JENNIFER!!!!!
...day after my first time, inside of my thighs hurt S-o-o-o bad!! Couldn't lift my legs to put on pants! Had to flatten them out on the floor & step into them!! (...won't tell you what I had to do to get the socks on!) Next time out you won't be as sore afterwards!!!

WAY TO GO!!!! Seeya on the slopes!!!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-22-2012 at 03:45 AM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote