Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #34 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
Today was day one! Went and took my first lesson. They had snow like 2-3 days ago. It was awesome!!! Loved it. We stopped on the way to get me some goggles and a new pair of gloves (I somehow lost a brand new pair that I never even got to wear a week ago when we went up)....and we somehow left the store with a snowboard and bindings as well.
...Funny how that seems to happen like that!! (...I wonder, do first time skiers do the same thing? Run right out & buy a shiton of gear before or after their 1st-2nd time out??) Welcome to the "Addiction" is Right!!

...The boots were VERY uncomfortable though. I lost feeling in my toes at a certain point. But I will experiment a bit and do some more looking around for the perfect boot for me.
If you read around this forum a bit, you'll discover that that issue, is pretty common even among folks without the special fit issues you had! Don't worry, I went thru 3-4 pairs before finding ones that fit comfortably for me! (...Oh, FYI, you want to watch just how tight you are synching the boots & your bindings. NooB's like me & others sometimes go WAY too tight on both at first, and that will cause a LOT of foot pain problems! If you're doing the same, that may NOT b a boot fit issue!!!)

I will say that I am sooooo sore! Seriously used muscles I have not made use of before. Only fell 3 times, I count that as a win. One fall looked pretty bad I guess. I had 2 lift operators and my instructor come running all freaked out asking if I was ok. I was fine. Jumped right back up...

Thank you all for being so supportive and awesome. I had a great time and will be heading back up next week.

...Only fell 3 times?? I think anyone here would count that as a BIG win!!!
AWSOME JENNIFER!!!!! after my first time, inside of my thighs hurt S-o-o-o bad!! Couldn't lift my legs to put on pants! Had to flatten them out on the floor & step into them!! (...won't tell you what I had to do to get the socks on!) Next time out you won't be as sore afterwards!!!

WAY TO GO!!!! Seeya on the slopes!!!!!
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15 (00)

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-22-2012 at 03:45 AM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote