Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Home remedy for shin bang and cold/numb toes?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmiander View Post
I bought the Salomon Ivy's 2nd hand from somebody, so the inner liner in each boot have a different lace-locking mechanism. Regardless, both laces on the inner liners are frustratingly hard to pull tight and lock in. Do they even matter?? Just sayin' 'cause I look incredibly stupid when struggling for 5 minutes to lock each of those suckers into place....
First sounds like you bought someone else's problem here. They may have the "wrong" lace system or even the wrong liner for the boot. Meaning they just shoved what ever liner was lying around into the boot.

Quote:
I ride with Salomon Ivy boa boots - even if I tighten the boa coils, I still have a ton of room in the shins (not to mention my heels....). This is probably where the shin bangs come into play - my calves and shins still hurt and are still freakin' bruised, ugh. As for the cold numb toes, I have no idea where the pressure points come into play, since I can wiggle my toes around and even scrunch 'em up in the boots while strapped in to my board and my feet don't feel like it's getting crushed or anything.
If you shin is moving...it should not. You mentioned your shin & calf are banging into the boot. This should not happen. When fit properly or tightened properly the boot becomes "one" so to say with your shin/calf. There should be very minimal gaping none really

Quote:
Are there any suggestions/ideas as to how I can correct this two-fold problem? I was thinking of taking my boots in for a boot-fitting, but then I might as well just get new boots then...??? =/ I've been reading snowboard boot-buying guides and boot-fitting tips online, but I still have no clue as to what to look out/ask for if I really do have to get new boots or take my current boots in for a boot-fitting.
If you've been reading the guides properly you would see your boots don't fit the description of fitting properly, sorry to call you out here but must.....
Even though you are on a budget you can still get fit properly and get a good boot for under $150. You probably wasted more than that in time fiddling with your boots, breaks because your feet hurt, going home cuz of frustration, etc.... you get the point.

Time to hit a local shop and spend some of that keg money on boots