Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camber vs Rocker.. I don't.. notice anything.
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 07:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
NoirX252

Default Camber vs Rocker.. I don't.. notice anything.

2009 160 (25.4 waist) NeverSummer Heritage (right before rocker, 7.95m sidecut radius)
vs year XX Rossignol Experience 167 25.2 waist (I think)... I think it's a vario 7 front and 10 in the back with magnetraction

I only notice, the increased stiffness, and better leverage (small feet).... maybe the drag of the mtx? (not sure)... the edges were dull.. dull as in, I just bought it used, and they have never been sharpened, vs me going through red/blue/green diamonds after every/every 2 days of riding on the NeverSummer

Should I be noticing anything different? I'd say the main advantages of the board (on hardpack/ice! I have never ridden waist deep powder), was the increased stiffness, longer effective edgelength, but nothing concerning the rocker/camber profile.... maybe I'm numb :P

I think the MTX does drag a bit, but I am not totally sure. I like the board though... a lot, it fits me better.
NoirX252 is offline   Reply With Quote