Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder brace recommendations
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deimus85

Default Shoulder brace recommendations

Hey guys,

So my first two days this season at big boulder were great...except I took two nice spills onto my front (left) shoulder. The first was off a flat bar rail that I hucked hard. The second was a few days after, just caught my heelside edge butter spinning up a bank, and while it was not nearly as hard, agitated the hurt shoulder. That fall I actually heard a pop, but I know what ligament tears and sprains feel like (years of skateboarding have been gracious to my body lol), so I knew that I just slammed it hard and hyper extended it into my chest.

Before i go any further, I know many people will say to go see a doctor, but I currently do not have health insurance, and cannot afford to pay out of pocket.

I rode one more time since then and didn't fall on it. Ever since he first fall, I stopped working out on it, and have been applying icy hot on it sporadically. Anyway, it is clearly injured and I don't want to hurt it anymore, but I want to keep riding.

So I was wondering if any of you guys have had experience with shoulder braces, and some recommendations. I don't want to break the bank, but I want something that will not be useless either. Also, something that doesn't restrict movement that much would be appreciated.

If it helps, I wear underarmor, a protec elbow pad on that left elbow, and then I layer up from there.

As an alterior request, I am also looking for a simple knee brace to wear under my neoprene knee pads.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Michael
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote