Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stupid question?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #39 (permalink)
jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Awesome! Just remember that falls aren't a measure of success. If you fall 4 times next time out it just means you're trying that much harder. I remember my girlfriend used to get really upset with herself when she fell... I still tell her that falling is a normal part of a snowboarding day. Falling does NOT equal failing.

Have fun!

I laughed so hard every time I fell. It really doesnt bother me. I actually expected to fall a lot more...and I know there will be a whole lot more falling in my next 2 lessons. I am just happy to be out there doing it at all, because 4 months ago I could not have even walked all the way to the bunny hill if my life depended on it.

For me anything beyond that walk is sheer success. The fact that I can walk to the hill while carrying all my own gear just makes my day. I dont really look forward to falling, but it doesnt bother me too much. I thought I would be self concious about people looking at me and seeing me fall...but when I was actually up there doing it I could not have cared less what anyone else thought. People who are up there for the love of the sport will think it is cool that this 30 something woman with some pounds left to lose keeps getting up, dusting herself off and getting back up the hill. People who are just there to look cool can kiss my behind because they are posers and their opinion doesnt matter to me.

Plus there is a bonus to falling. It gives you a minute to take a little sit down break. lol

I am going to go try on a few more boots this week. While the boots I got do fit my calves I have come to realize that they are not the boots for me. I think I want to get something with a little softer flex, and at least a good half to full size smaller in the foot. I am determined to find the perfect boots. It is my lifes mission at the moment. lol
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote