Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heelside carving problem!?!
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Donutz
Drunk with power...er beer.

This thread has been discussing this issue, more or less: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tip...heel-side.html

Also, I have this exact problem, but I've figured out how to correct it. First, when I turh heelside I'm turning more, i.e. getting farther from the fall line before starting the next toeside turn. I think I'm trying to bleed off more speed when I can see the slope. Second, I'm going more backseat during the heelside turn. These habits are either caused by or cause my reluctance to commit my upper body to the next toeside turn, i.e. leaning into it. And possibly most important, the problem is much diminished when I make a point of doing the flexion (pulling in the board) when going across the fall line and extending at the outsides of the turn. It might be that this simply takes my mind of the slope. Dunno.

Yesterday on Earls I made a point on several tries of trying to correct all these problems. It all came together one one particular run, and it was like magic. No chatter, totally in control. Beauty.

I hate the parts between winter
Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote