Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Good riders, Bad Form?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Argo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Ne of the new employees that started recently is from our area, had boarded granit peak. When I took her down a black here she freaked out. She said it our blues are equal to double blacks in Illinois/Wisconsin where she rode before. I got her used to it now, pretty much. She can't straight line the lacks yet with my son and I but she can get down the blues alright... Vail is considered mild in terms of steepness..... You should bring your boys out here for a couple days and totally freak out.... Golden peak terrain park in vail and park lane in breck have more vertical feet than granite....

You can cam on my front lawn with mixie......Put those good techniques to use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
Chomps great observation and so true here at our resorts in WI as well.

What I personally noticed when I went to Granite Peak and was riding the double blacks. I had to VERY much concentrate on good form and I was able to ride them and have fun. That was where, (excuse wrong terminology) Snowolf taught me about dynamic movements??? and to really keep my weight on the front of the board to be able to control my turns.
I was not bombing these runs but very meticulously getting down, what to me was very steep runs, and GP does have them.
My whole point is if I wouldn't have been practicing this at our home hill on green/blue/blacks I wouldn't have been able to try these runs at the better resorts.

Also when I taught myself to ride switch is when I noticed bad habits in my normal riding. Starting over you really must emphasize the correct riding form.

Follow good form and I use all those people to teach/reinforce form to myself and my kids, especially me. My kids sometimes just say "I knoooow dad...." yet they open their shoulders anyway....

Last edited by Argo; 12-23-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote