Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - i cant tell if i ride goofy or regular?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
tdn
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctyler View Post
i went snowboarding for the first time yesterday, and i cant tell what i ride, goofy or regular, i cant do heelside turns yet, i can only do toeside but when i ride straight and make toeside turns on both goofy and regular, they both feel natural, and people say have someone push you when u arent paying attention and whatever foot you stick out to catch yourself is in the back, which would be my right, but also ive heard when u slide across a floor in socks, whatever foot is up front is the one you should have upfront on a snowboard, which would be my right, so both are opposite, so how can i tell? and they both feel natural, im right handed, and most of the day yesterday i rode regular because thats the way my board was set up
Actually, with both tests it's your right foot. The push test is whatever foot you catch yourself with is your lead foot, same as the slide test. As Donutz said, it's not a full proof test, but in my experience it's right the vast majority of times and it's a good place to start. I'd recommend sticking with a goofy set up for at least a whole day, or two and gauging your progression from there. Also, take lessons if you can.

Last edited by tdn; 12-23-2012 at 03:43 PM.
tdn is offline   Reply With Quote