Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Topsheet board repair!! what do i do?!?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsofftoya View Post
Thanks for the tip. I actually have never worked with epoxy before. Where do i buy some, and what brand or kind do i need to get?
The last topsheet I repaired was YEARS ago, but I just used 2-part clear epoxy from home depot. It comes in a 2-tube format that you squeeze out onto a piece of plastic (margarine lid works) then you stir it up to mix the hardener with the resin, and then pour the mixture into the crack, and clamp it quick.

LePage | 5 Minute Epoxy Syringe 25Ml | Home Depot Canada

It's hard to really see in the pictures, but you can try closing the gouge by hand, and if it will go back flat I'd try the clamp trick. Use a c-clamp or two on good flat chunks of 2x4 on either side. Clamp it first to test everything out, then slightly loosen the clamps, mix and pour your epoxy (it won't need much inside the crack, about enough to cover a dime)... Clamp it and leave for 24 hours.

Worse comes to worse if it doesn't work right, you could just cut/file away the loose piece of topsheet then pour some epoxy in the wound and shape it once it's cured...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote