Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #338 (permalink)
timmytard
Veteran Member

Was @ Cypress last couple days, both days left my house & could see the mtn's gleaming in the sunlight. By the time I got up there, fuckin' blizzard with no visibility.
Oh well, as long as it keeps dumpin', I'm cool with that

Since I snapped my Slackcountry & my Banana now has a broken edge on each side @ either end.
I've been forced to use the Palmer 164, this thing just isn't made for deep heavy chopped up snow
For 1 it only has a set of 3 inserts @ either end, so you get 2 options where you can put your bindings. Even all the way back kinda sucks in the pow.

2ndly, this thing is really narrow for as 164.
On a normal board I'd be able to use the holes in the disks to get a little farther back on the board, but because it's so narrow, I have to use them to center the binding on the board

It took me almost all day on Fri to get my Frankensteined Burton CO2's to fit properly. All day & I still couldn't get them the way I wanted.
After a whole wasted day, I switched em out with a pair of cheap Hammer bindings(probably worth $40) Much better, could actually ride the thing.

TT

Then I am so close to immortality
timmytard is online now   Reply With Quote