Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - i cant tell if i ride goofy or regular?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 PM   #19 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
I was wondering why you needed heels to do the stair test

Yes I ride goofy, I thought the test was 1st foot on stair is front foot, much like the slide test. Slide on ice what ever foot is 1st goes to front of board, no????
You don't of course. While walking downstairs in heels, one pivots the body more sideways so that the entire foot is on the step, almost parallel. More like a 45 degree angle. Otherwise a stiletto tumbling death could ensue. I assume men noticed this?

But yeah, the down stairs test - even barefoot - would be which foot first. To take it even further, try angling your body at 45 deg so that you're mimicking more of how you'd be on a board, going essentially downhill (the stairs). Or if you're up for it, walk down sideways and see what foot you lead with.

Considering you're goofy and lead with your right foot downstairs, I'm calling that 3 for 3!

I am also waiving any responsibility for anyone who tries the stairs test and crashes.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote