Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #291 (permalink)
john doe
Veteran Member

Had my first day on my NX2-SE's yesterday. First they feel great and have great response. I felt locked in but not clamped down. Just a solid and comfortable connection to the board. When the ratchets were correct (more on that latter) getting in and out was a breeze and easier then my 2010 NXT-ATSE's. A few issues. The toe strap being down was an issue but a very minor one. Before putting my foot in I would just pull it up (if needed) right before brushing any snow out of the binding. I have an idea that should reduce the movement of the toe strap and be easy to do. I'll have to monkey with things a bit. My biggest issue was one I did not expect in any way. When I went to strap in my rear foot I would sometimes find the ratchet had tightened. This is how I found hat just one click tighter cause a massive pressure point on my achilles tendon. Just now I simply tried pushing on the strap with my hand and the ratchets tightened even though they were locked. Trying the same with my older NXT-ATSE's I couldn't get the locked mini-ratchet to move no matter how hard I tried.

2011 Smokin Buck Ferton 155
2013 Flow NX2-SE
2013 Flow Hylite boa
Burton Stagger pants/jacket
Smith I/O
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote