Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Woes of a Noob... TLDR
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
That video's not bad, that's a good way to get down steeper terrain and keep your speed in check.
Just watched essentially the exact same pivot technique in the SA intermediate vid. Can't stand on my ankle and twist like that yet, but hoping for boxing day to give it another try. I think I'll practice pivot turns on the bunny hill a few times to get more comfortable and then head back up the mountain.

I'll practice dropping low to un-weight my board while pivoting on my front foot to make really quick skidded turns without having to traverse as far or have the speed to do something more "dynamic" or flowing. It seems like the next logical step given the terrain I have to contend with and my resources as far as learning go.

Still contemplating sending a modified version of that rant about the shitty instructor to the Coop GM. Not sure what purpose it would serve. The last thing I want is for someone to lose their job. Not that they would can him over one complaint. Then again, if they have had others maybe he deserves to be canned?
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote