Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
alaric
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Wow, that's a rough listen. Sounds like once again it's a god damn assault rifle. It's time, fuck off gun nuts, these things need to be nationally confiscated and banned. Anyone found in possesion of one after should be subject to a mandatory 20 year prison sentence. It's time gun control becomes real and serious! Enough is enough!
I'll admit, I like to shoot.

I've always felt that the biggest problems with incidents like this are a) mental illness and the lack of help those that are mentally ill receive and b) the current laws are not strictly enforced... but this has hit close to home in more ways than one, and it's making me question the use of many types of guns. However, I'll still stick by my thought that if we as a society do not HELP those that are mentally ill then they will continue to do this shit, just with other forms of violence. Ending the use of guns is not the end all solution.

[edit]
Here's my example... this fucking prick murdered his grandmother with a hammer some years ago. Why wasn't the mother fucker put in jail for life, or executed? It's CLEAR he had mental issues and clearly did not get enough help

Last edited by alaric; 12-24-2012 at 08:27 PM.