Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Woes of a Noob... TLDR
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #15 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Be open with what you are looking for from a lesson with your next instructor. Be very specific with what you want to achieve. If the next instructor is any good it will allow you to have a lesson custom fit to your needs, which is the whole point of a private.
That was kind of my take on it. If I have my own gear, my setup looks gtg, and I'm strapping in standing up I would think you would tailor the lesson to fit my needs. Maybe skip the whole "this is a snowboard" and "now sit down to strap in". That may also include not talking to me like I'm 10 years old.

My balance on the board was good, I rode the rope tow up with no issues, etc. I just need some basics on edge control and turning. Also, given the lack of basic terrain at Shames it might be a good idea to work on techniques for handling steeper sections other than side-slipping. Most importantly, when I am struggling and not seeing results correct my technique or make some kind of constructive suggestion. Don't just say "that's OK buddy" over and over again.

Thanks for the reply, think I will send this on to the mountain.
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote