Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #2493 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_z View Post
...those presses/butters/spins out of the way before your legs get too tired, that stuff can *really* take a surprising toll on the legs!
Oh my GAWD YES!!! An Hour in the gym or 45 MIN. on a treadmill @ 4.5 mph & I'm not huffin' & puffin' anywhere near as bad as I was just trying to hold a couple switch tail presses for 15-20 ft.!!!! On the Bunny Hill!!! Mellow slope & all!

My calves are crampin', my lower back & muscles in my Butt are seizing up on me,.. hit a rest stop N. of Flint coming home & could barely get out of the car!

IT WAS GREAT!!

They're not real pretty,.. NOBODY is ever gonna call what I was doing today "Steezy", but by God they were genuine Regular & Switch, "Tail Presses" & I held a few of them for a good 20+ ft. Even got a couple of pretty good and surprisingly controlled, font & backside pressed spins, or turns, whatever you call them!! (...that's between the bunch where I fell on my ass & face trying that is!)

...And cuz it seems I'm ALWAYS riding solo, No video proof to show for it!!!! (...or to get a constructive critique on!)

I'm going back this thursday! (...guess I can Kiss my credit score, Goodbye!!)

P.S. How was the local riding? ...sucked driving home in it, but good to see snow coming down around here finally!!!!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-24-2012 at 08:58 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote