Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:49 PM   #2494 (permalink)
Not quite reformed yet

Originally Posted by david_z View Post
...those presses/butters/spins out of the way before your legs get too tired, that stuff can *really* take a surprising toll on the legs!
Oh my GAWD YES!!! An Hour in the gym or 45 MIN. on a treadmill @ 4.5 mph & I'm not huffin' & puffin' anywhere near as bad as I was just trying to hold a couple switch tail presses for 15-20 ft.!!!! On the Bunny Hill!!! Mellow slope & all!

My calves are crampin', my lower back & muscles in my Butt are seizing up on me,.. hit a rest stop N. of Flint coming home & could barely get out of the car!

They're not real pretty,.. NOBODY is ever gonna call what I was doing today "Steezy", but by God they were genuine Regular & Switch, "Tail Presses" & I held a few of them for a good 20+ ft. Even got a couple of pretty good and surprisingly controlled, font & backside pressed spins, or turns, whatever you call them!! (...that's between the bunch where I fell on my ass & face trying that is!)

...And cuz it seems I'm ALWAYS riding solo, No video proof to show for it!!!! (...or to get a constructive critique on!)

I'm going back this thursday! (...guess I can Kiss my credit score, Goodbye!!)

P.S. How was the local riding? ...sucked driving home in it, but good to see snow coming down around here finally!!!!
You're only Young Once,.. but you can be Immature FOREVER!

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15 (00)

Last edited by chomps1211; 12-24-2012 at 08:58 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote