Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post

You really going to try to make the comparison between backcountry deaths and gun deaths? For starters the numbers aren't even close. For another, backcountry deaths are accidents like dying in a plane crash not an intentional act of violence. For another, most backcountry deaths are self inflicted. So is gun suicide; care to compre the numbers on that one? You threw that argument as a "gotcha" because I am a backcountry guide but you really didn't think it through.
I was just fuckin with ya, not serious at all

Quote:
Sorry, but I do not see higher rates of other crimes in Australia, Japan or Canada to mame a few, compared to America. It's simple basic logic; if guns are very difficult to come by, logic dictates that crimes committed with guns go down. To suggest that lack of guns causes other crime defies any logic or reason my poor brain can comprehend.
See my post above, I can find stats that say anything

Quote:
We can sit and talk and conjecture forever. We have done enough of that and we have tried damn near everything else to curb this senseless killing with the exception of getting serious about guns. At first, you are right, I doubt we will see any immediate change but as we evolve as a country away from this "gun culture" I think we will see radical change. Doing nothing isn't working obviously. Look a Newton Ct parent who just buried their child or the wives, parents, cildren of these two firefighters in the eye and tell them gun control isn't worth at least trying.
It's just not plausible to remove ALL firearms from the hands of criminals and kooks.

Quote:
Look Jeffrey, you and I agree on many political posititions and up until recently I was a staunch, unyielding proponent of no increase in gun regulation. My position on this issue has hardened in light of recent events and I support reasonable gun regulation and outright confiscation of these weapons that serve no purpose beyond killing as many people as possible as fast as possible. Not talking about taking away anyone's hunting rifles or grandma's revolver but I am sick of these semi auto military style weapons popping up in every mass shooting. Now I admit, I don't know yet what weapon this kook used but that is neither here nor there. The fact remains that we have a serious gun control problem when a guy like this can get his hands on any gun.
My heart goes out to those affected by this crime, however it could have been carried out with a single shot 30-06 just as easily.

Quote:
I totally respect you as a person and actually agree with most of your positions. But I am sorry, I can't go down this road with you my friend. We may just need to agree to disagree and let the democratic process work; may the best side win.
Sorry, but I have never trusted the "democratic" process it is a cesspool of hidden agendas, the side with the most money wins regardless if it's right or wrong.

Quote:
Lets also not forget that six other families are homeless today on Christmas with no possesions because this nut and his fucking gun prevented the firefighters from putting out the fire. They too are victims of gun crime and our unwillingness as a society to address this issue has failed them too.
We need to address nutjobs!!