Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need carving help (video of me riding)
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
cb1021

1. Go to a steeper hill.
2. Put more weight on front foot.
3. Stick your head towards the bottom of the hill, attack it.

You need more speed to feel what a carve feels like. Also carving is really not a big deal imo. You just ride however you want. All this "proper" carve, slide, S, J turn, skidded turn, whatever stuff is okay on paper. But on the slope, you gotta have fun and become one with your board and the slope.

Btw some sections of the slope in the video looks steep enough to feel the carve, but you keep braking. ALso you are not even TURNING. You are riding in a straight line and wagging your tail brah. TURN more, and stop braking ("Ruddering")

I'm suggesting the steeper hill because some riders need to be whipped and forced by the terrain to improve.

Also if you set your bindings with a duck stance instead of directional stance, you will be able to carve more because with a ducked stance, you will need to lean more, thus using your body weight to set the edge. Right now, you are not even turning at all so I can't really see how you are making a turn, period.

Last edited by cb1021; 12-25-2012 at 04:59 AM.
cb1021 is offline   Reply With Quote