Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Stomp pads - I just don't get them them.
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOtherOptions View Post
One of the wisest pieces of advice I ever got when buying a board is worry about how it rides, not how it looks. If you are actually using it, who cares anyway? It should be covered in snow.
Funny, though, the first SERIOUS board I bought (after half a season with my Sports Authority beginner package) was mostly because of how it looked. A now-orphaned Dynastar Karma, made during the one or two years they were sponsoring the Olympic snowboard team. I looked at it and fell in love...and it was and end-of-season markdown from $650 to $275. How could I resist? But I'd only been riding one season...turned out this board was one of the "flagship" serious big mountain boards. Stiff as a piece of granite...so fast, especially compared to my cheap Liquid (K2) beginner, that I nearly shit my pants the first time riding it. But man, it forced me to learn quick! And I felt kewl because everywhere I took it, people would ask me about it. Loved that board. I still have it, but haven't ridden it since I got my Never Summer Titan. The last year they made that one, too. I have a knack for buying one-season models.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote