Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need carving help (video of me riding)
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
hktrdr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyder View Post
I picked out that your front knee if very stiff and straight a lot of the time. Most of your weight seems to be at best centered and a bit more to the back, especially when you have that front knee locked.

You seem to initiate the turns with your hips giving you the skidded turns. These are fine if this is how you are trying to turn.

Your camera work gives a great view of your feet showing that there is no torsional twist on your front foot to start your turns to pull the board into the turn giving you that sharp turn or carve.

Like Donutz said, you should see a clean line in the snow behind you, not spray.
Wolf will nail it down for sure he has this answer on file and then modified for each rider. He is stronger at pointing this out than me but this is what I see.

Skidded:
Carve:
Hm, not really. I do not see the OP turn very much at all. Rather than making skidded turns, it looks like he is just swiveling the board while continuing to travel in the same direction. That can be a useful technique, but it sure as hell is not turning...

This is not to knock the OP - he is doing some things quite well, especially for a beginner. However, there are definitely several technique issues that he would be well advised to address before they become ingrained. Me thinks another lesson is in order.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote