Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Enough of this shit
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
ThunderChunky
Veteran Member

As much as I am for more gun regulation banning assault rifles is not something I agree with. The reason these are being used is because they are the cheapest, most common, weapon available. You can get an AR 15 for around $800. They are not that hard to get. However if you ban them completely you will simply have people using shotguns. Which are much more deadly up close.

As I am for clip restrictions, this doesn't help that argument. The limit is five rounds in New York state.

Also, this guy had obtained the gun illegally. He was a convicted felon and spent 15 years in prison earlier for killing a family member with a fucking hammer. People are fucking crazy and do illegal things. I think we should focus more on the access to guns and cracking down on illegal gun trafficking and the restrictions we already have in place instead of restricting the types of guns people are allowed to own.

This case really isn't an advocate for any type of gun regulation or loosening the gun laws. The weapon was obtained illegally. And even if it was obtained legally New York is the strictest state on firearms. The firearm laws in place in this state are good ones. I think the NY model is a good model for other states with the exception of the five round clip restriction (should be around 15) and the easy access to rifles.

That's just my opinion though, everyone has theirs. Let's just hope these assholes are done with this shit. It's fucking Christmas for gods sake, and you're killing kindergarteners and volunteer fireman.