Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Would you buy 2008 model boots?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
destroy

I'll let others with more knowledge chime in, but my experience...

I bought an older used pair of Burton Rulers since I was just trying to get out there and even with all the deals I got I'd already dropped a ton on everything else. I don't even know what year my boots actually are, but they're OLD, even though they're in decent condition and are still rideable albeit the wrong fit for me. What I've learned is that the technology has moved so fast that stuff even only a few years old is pretty dated by now. My boots don't even have speed lace (for better or worse), and boots have since evolved to using a much smaller actual external footprint while still being the same size inside and having all the same support and insulation, etc features. Listening to the guys on here has shocked me how long (read: short) they ride a pair before they consider it shot and done.

If the boots are new, it might be an okay choice. If not, it depends on how used they are. After that, it depends on long you think she'll stick with boarding and how hard and now quick she'll go in them. That'll determine whether or not she'll just outgrow them soon or be fine for a while.

I'm already regretting not shelling out, but I tend to get pretty deep in my hobbies pretty fast and skip through the beginner purchases right into the higher end stuff so I don't waste any time and money. So, take that for what you will!
destroy is offline   Reply With Quote